Friday 19 June 2020

Grab the Silver Lining


The roses are no more radiant
The violets have lost their vibrance
Sky is always grey
It’s to loneliness, I fell prey

Satisfaction eludes when I pray
Music has lost its melody
Even comedy feels like tragedy


It is quiet outside but no peace within
Though there is no reason for it, I can pin
There is death everywhere I see
Oh, this world if I could flee


    But where would I go
    For, my mind is my foe

    I close my eyes and sit back
   But everything under the eyelids is growing black

         So, I cry and then cry some more
         And to myself I swore
         To hear my head's little voice
         which puts in the picture, that I have a choice

                          Let go love laugh and live a little
                          This whole caboodle is second fiddle
                          For, the grey sky will again shine
                          When the stars will align

                            Cut all the flowers you can
                                The spring does not follow a ban.



2 comments:

Pushpa Damodhara said...

Loved it Shikha sharma... hoping to see more ..

The Parabola Blog said...

Thank you for your kind words👍🏻